, NAMED BY MINISTER OF JUSTICE on Nov 3, 2011 – pdf.
Born: on 19th February 1957, Czech Republic
info: is here
Education: 1976 - 1981: Charles University in Prague Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, 1984: Doctor of Natural Sciences (DSc, Charles University)
Research: Security, Cryptology
Certificate: of Security Clearance TOP SECRET (expired), CONFIDENTIAL (expired), RESTRICTED (valid).
Lectures: Applied Cryptography at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, 2003 - 2007
I was co-editor of Czech crypto-news server and e-zin Crypto-world, 1999 - 2014, ISSN 1801-2140 (in Czech only): security-news, crypto-news, my papers for Crypto-world
Archives of my publications on cryptology and computer security: 2015, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993
My photos: are here. My former colleague, a brilliant cryptologist, Dr. Tomas Rosa has his web here.
Section: Last publications:
· Vlastimil Klima: SHA-3 and Lightweight Cryptography, invited lecture, SantaCrypt 2012, Nov. 29-30 2012, Prague, Czech Rep.
· Vlastimil Klima, Libor Neumann: Universal Cryptographic protocol – a new way of cryptographic security management, The int. conference "SmartEvent'11, September 21 - 23, 2011, Nice, France
· Vlastimil Klima, Vaclav Platenka: The Cryptographic Software Tool CipherCAD and Cryptanalysis, SPI 2011, Proceedings of Security and Protection of Information, May 10 – 12, 2011, Brno, Czech Republic.
· Danilo Gligoroski, Vlastimil Klima: Why narrow-pipe cryptographic hash functions are not a match to wide-pipe cryptographic hash functions?, SantaCrypt 2010, Dec. 2-3, 2009, Prague, Czech Republic, Proceedings of SantaCrypt 2010, ISBN xx, pp. xx, pdf.
· BMW team: A framework for Measuring and Evaluating the Progress of the Cryptanalysis of the Hash Function Blue Midnight Wish, November 15, 2010, pdf.
· Danilo Gligoroski, Vlastimil Klima: Practical consequences of the aberration of narrow-pipe hash designs from ideal random functions, Proceedings of Information on ICT Innovations 2010, Sept. 12 - 15, Ohrid, R. Macedonia, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2010, pp. xx - xx,
· Vlastimil Klima, Danilo Gligoroski: Generic collision attacks on narrow-pipe hash functions faster than birthday paradox, applicable to MDx, SHA-1, SHA-2, and SHA-3 narrow-pipe candidates, IACR eprint, Report 2010/430, pdf.
· Danilo Gligoroski, Vlastimil Klima: Practical consequences of the aberration of narrow-pipe hash designs from ideal random functions, IACR eprint, Report 2010/384, pdf.
· Danilo Gligoroski, Vlastimil Klima, Svein J. Knapskog, Mohamed El-Hadedy, Jorn Amundsen, Stig F. Mjolsnes: Cryptographic Hash Function Blue Midnight Wish, 2nd version, Sept.15, 2009, submission package, description, presentation at the First SHA-3 Candidate Conference, Feb. 25-28, 2009
· Danilo Gligoroski, Rune Steinsmo Odegard, Marija Mihova, Svein Johan Knapskog, Ljupco Kocarev, Aleš Drápal, Vlastimil Klima: Cryptographic Hash Function EDON-R, submission package, Jan 12, 2009, description, presentation at the First SHA-3 Candidate Conference, Feb. 25-28, 2009
· Vlastimil Klima: Multicollisions of EDON-R hash function and other observations, November 2008, preliminary analysis
· Vlastimil Klima: Dynamic SHA is vulnerable to generic attacks, letter, Dec. 14, 2008,
· Vlastimil Klima: Dynamic SHA2 is vulnerable to generic attacks, letter, Dec. 14, 2008,
· Vlastimil Klima: Huge multicollisions and multipreimages of hash functions BLENDER-n, IACR eprint Report 2009/006, Jan. 2, 2009
· Danilo Gligoroski, Vlastimil Klima: On the Computational Asymmetry of the S-boxes Present in Blue Midnight Wish Cryptographic Hash Function, in Danco Davcev and Jorge Marx Gomez (eds): ICT Innovations 2009, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2010, pp. 391 - 400, Information on ICT Innovations 2009, Sept. 28 - 30, Ohrid, R. Macedonia, pdf,
· Vlastimil Klima and Petr Susil: A Note on Linear Approximations of BLUE MIDNIGHT WISH Cryptographic Hash Function, Cryptology ePrint Archive: Report 2009/453, Sept. 15, 2009
· Danilo Gligoroski, Vlastimil Klima, On Blue Midnight Wish Decomposition, SantaCrypt 2009, Dec. 3-4, 2009, Prague, Czech Republic, Proceedings of SantaCrypt 2009, ISBN 978-80-904257-0-5, pp. 41-51, pdf.
Section: Block cipher DN, hash function HDN, Hash Functions SNMAC (homepage):
· Vlastimil Klima: Special block cipher family DN and new generation SNMAC-type hash function family HDN, IACR ePrint archive Report 2007/050 , February, 2007
· Vlastimil Klima: About a new generation of block ciphers and hash functions - DN and HDN, SPI 2007, Security and Protection of Information, May 2 – 4, 2007, Brno, Czech Republic, www.unob.cz/spi, paper.pdf, presentation.pdf
· Vlastimil Klima: A New Concept of Hash Functions SNMAC Using a Special Block Cipher and NMAC/HMAC Constructions, IACR ePrint archive Report 2006/376 , October, 2006
Section: MD5 collisions and Tunneling - the fastest method and program in the world (homepage):
· Vlastimil Klima: Finding MD5 Collisions on a Notebook PC Using Multi-message Modifications, March 31, 2005, IACR ePrint archive, Report 2005/102, 3rd Int. Conference Security and Protection of Information 2005, Brno, Czech Republic, May 3 - 5, 2005, presentation.ppt
· Vlastimil Klima: Finding MD5 Collisions – a Toy For a Notebook, 5th March, 2005, IACR ePrint archive, Report 2005/075
Section: Breaking SSL/TLS (homepage):
· Vlastimil Klima, Ondrej Pokorny, Tomas Rosa: Attacking RSA-based Sessions in SSL/TLS, presented at CHES 2003, pp. 426 - 440, Springer-Verlag, 2003, Preliminary version: IACR ePrint archive Report 2003/052
Section: Breaking private PGP signature keys (homepage):
· Vlastimil Klima, Tomas Rosa: Attack on Private Signature Keys of the OpenPGP format, PGP (TM) Programs and Other Applications Compatible with OpenPGP, IACR ePrint archive Report 2002/076, March 2001
Section: Side Channels:
· Vlastimil Klima, Tomas Rosa: Side Channel Attacks - Highly Promising Directions in Modern Cryptanalysis, TATRACRYPT '03, The 3rd Central European Conference on Cryptology, June 26-28, 2003, Bratislava, Slovakia
· Vlastimil Klima, Tomas Rosa: Side Channel Attacks on CBC Encrypted Messages in the PKCS#7 Format, NATO PfP/PWP - 2nd International Scientific Conference Security and Protection of Information, Brno, Czech Republic, 28. - 30.4.2003, IACR ePrint archive Report 2003/098
· Vlastimil Klima, Tomas Rosa: Strengthened Encryption in the CBC Mode, IACR ePrint archive Report 2002/061, May 2002
· 2004 - 2015 Independent cryptologist & consultant
· 2012 - 2015 Court expert in cybernetics and computing, named by Minister of Justice of Czech Rep.
· 2009 – 2014 CEO of the company KNZ, s.r.o. (KNZ, Ltd.)
· 2004 - 2004 Cryptologist with Czech security company LEC
· 1997 - 2003 Cryptologist with Czech security company DECROS (later acquired by ICZ) and ICZ
· 1996 - 1997 Independent cryptologist, cryptologist with Czech security company AEC
· 1995 - 1996 Cryptologist with Czech security company DECROS (later acquired by ICZ)
· 1994 - 1995 Cryptologist with German security company Tele Security Timmann
· 1993 - 1994 Cryptologist with two Czech security companies
· 1991 - 1992 Chief of R&D group, the Federal Ministry of Defense,
· 1982 - 1991 Chief of R&D group, Czech National Security Authority.
As a cryptologist I co-operated in these projects:
· projects for Courts, Police, Czech state security bodies, 2013 - 2015
· project for ANECT (ALUCID), 2014
· project with ModemTec, a.s.: Research and development of next-generation devices for communication over high-voltage power lines, PID: TA03011192, 2013
· projects for the Czech National Security Authority, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
· projects for Orcave, a.s., ANECT,a.s., LOGOMOTION,a.s., Czech Police, ModemTec, a.s. - 2012
· projects for INTRIPLE, a.s., ANECT,a.s., LOGOMOTION,a.s., Czech Police, ModemTec, a.s. - 2011
· crypto and security consultant for banking system xBanka, securing GSM system, securing WAN of smart electrometers, 2008 – 2009
· BMW, EDON-R, candidates for NIST SHA-3 competition, 2008 – 2010
· gigabit encryption device, lottery RNG, mobile banking system, ticket system, 2007 – 2008
· special block cipher family DN and hash function family HDN, 2007
· securing GSM communication system, 2007
· security of a biometric system, standards in cryptography, 2006
· new generation of hash functions SNMAC, 2006
· MD5 collisions - proposition of the quickest method (tunnels) of MD5 collision, 2006
· MD5 collisions - disclosing the Wang’s method, proposals of multi-message modification methods, 2005
· securing European train communication system, securing SMS in GSM; military type of projects, 2004
· analysis of protocols and formats OpenPGP, RSA-OAEP, RSA-KEM, CBC, SSL/TLS, 2001 - 2003
· projects for the Czech National Security Authority, for protection of classified information, 2001 - 2002
· the first Czech Cryptographic Service Provider for MS WindowsNT (CSP-I MicroCzech), 2000, certified by the Czech National Security Authority to protect classified information
· the first world system for on-the-fly file encryption for Windows95(../98/NT/2000), 1995-2000
· the first Czech elliptic-curve public-key encryption system (Ellipt), 1996
· family of proprietary commercial encryption algorithms (WinCros), 1995
· authentication and encryption device for the X.25 network, 1994
· the first Czech encryption chip (SIC 5000), 1993
· various SW encryption programmes, 1993
· classified R&D, 1982 - 1992
July 17, 2015