Born: on 19th February 1957, Czech Republic
Live in: Prague,
Education: 1976 - 1981: Charles University in Prague Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, 1984: Doctor of Natural Sciences (DSc, Charles University)
Research: Security, Cryptology
Certificate: of Security Clearance TOP SECRET (expired), CONFIDENTIAL (expired), RESTRICTED (valid).
My photos: are here.
My former colleague, a brilliant cryptologist, Ing. Tomas Rosa, Ph.D, has his web here.
· Vlastimil Klima: Fast Diffusion Block for Secret Key Cryptography, IACR eprint, Report 2022/502.pdf,
· Danilo Gligoroski, Svein J. Knapskog, Mohamed El-Hadedy, Jorn Amundsen, Stig F. Mjolsnes: Cryptographic Hash Function Blue Midnight Wish, 2nd ver., Sept.15, 2009, package, description, presentation at the First SHA-3 Conference
· Vlastimil Klima, Danilo Gligoroski, Rune Steinsmo Odegard, Marija Mihova, Svein Johan Knapskog, Ljupco Kocarev, Aleš Drápal: Cryptographic Hash Function EDON-R, package, Jan 12, 2009, presentation at the First SHA-3 Conference
· Vlastimil Klima, Danilo Gligoroski: Generic collision attacks on narrow-pipe hash functions faster than birthday paradox, applicable to MDx, SHA-1, SHA-2, and SHA-3 narrow-pipe candidates, IACR eprint, Report 2010/430, pdf.
· Vlastimil Klima, Danilo Gligoroski: On the Computational Asymmetry of the S-boxes, ICT Innovations 2009, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2010, pp. 391 - 400, Information on ICT Innovations 2009, Sept. 28 - 30, Ohrid, R. Macedonia, pdf,
· Vlastimil Klima: About a new generation of block ciphers and hash functions - DN and HDN, Security and Protection of Information, May 2 – 4, 2007, Brno, Czech Republic, www.unob.cz/spi, paper.pdf, presentation.pdf
· Vlastimil Klima: Finding MD5 Collisions – a Toy For a Notebook, 5th March, 2005, IACR ePrint archive, Report 2005/075
· Vlastimil Klima, Ondrej Pokorny, Tomas Rosa: Attacking RSA-based Sessions in SSL/TLS, presented at CHES 2003, pp. 426-440, Springer-Verlag, 2003, Preliminary version: IACR ePrint archive Report 2003/052
· Vlastimil Klima, Tomas Rosa: Attack on Private Signature Keys of the OpenPGP format, PGP (TM) Programs and Other Applications Compatible with OpenPGP, IACR ePrint archive Report 2002/076, March 2001
· Lectures: Applied Cryptography, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, 2003 - 2007
· Archive of my publications: 1993_2015,
Some incomplete homepages to selected areas:
· NIST SHA-3 contest and Blue Midnight Wish (homepage)
· Block cipher DN, hash function HDN, Hash Functions SNMAC (homepage)
· MD5 collisions and Tunneling - the fastest method and program in the world (homepage)
· Breaking SSL/TLS (homepage)
· Breaking private PGP signature keys (homepage):
· 2004 - yet Independent cryptologist & consultant
· 2011 - 2020 Court expert in cybernetics and cryptography, named by Minister of Justice of Czech Rep., on Nov 3, 2011 – pdf.
· 2009 – 2014 CEO of the company KNZ, Ltd.
· 2004 - 2004 Cryptologist with Czech security company LEC
· 1997 - 2003 Cryptologist with Czech security company DECROS and ICZ
· 1996 - 1997 Cryptologist with Czech security company AEC
· 1995 - 1996 Cryptologist with Czech security company DECROS and ICZ
· 1994 - 1995 Cryptologist with German security company Tele Security Timmann
· 1993 - 1994 Cryptologist with two Czech security companies
· 1991 - 1992 Chief of R&D group, the Federal Ministry of Defense,
· 1982 - 1991 Chief of R&D group, Czech National Security Authority.
As a cryptologist I cooperated in these projects:
· 2011 – 2020 projects for Courts, Police, Special Services,
· 2015 - projects Cryptelo, Babel,
· 2014 - project for ANECT (ALUCID, ADUCID),
· 2013 - project with ModemTec, a.s.
· 2005 – 2013 projects for the Czech National Security Authority,
· 2012 - projects for Orcave, a.s., ANECT,a.s., LOGOMOTION,a.s., Czech Police, ModemTec,
· 2011 - projects for INTRIPLE, a.s., ANECT,a.s., LOGOMOTION,a.s., Czech Police, ModemTec,
· 2008 – 2009 crypto and security for bank. system, securing GSM system, securing WAN of smart electrometers,
· 2008 – 2010, BMW, EDON-R, candidates for NIST SHA-3,
· 2007 – 2008, gigabit encryption device, lottery RNG, mobile banking system, ticket system,
· 2007 - special block cipher family DN and hash function family HDN,
· 2007 - securing GSM communication system,
· 2006 - security of a biometric system,
· 2006 - new generation of hash functions SNMAC,
· 2006 - MD5 collisions, discovering tunnels in MD5,
· 2005 - MD5 collisions, disclosing the Wang’s method, my own proposals of multi-message modification methods,
· 2004 - securing European train communication system, securing SMS in GSM; military type of projects,
· 2001 – 2003, analysis of OpenPGP, RSA-OAEP, RSA-KEM, CBC, SSL/TLS,
· 2001 – 2002, projects for the Czech National Security Authority, for protection of classified information,
· 2000 - the first Czech Cryptographic Service Provider for MS WindowsNT, certified by the Czech NSA for protection of classified information
· 1995 - the first world system for on-the-fly file encryption for Windows95,
· 1996 - the first Czech elliptic-curve public-key encryption system (Ellipt),
· 1995 - family of proprietary commercial encryption algorithms (WinCros),
· 1994 - authentication and encryption device for the X.25 network,
· 1993 - the first Czech encryption chip (SIC 5000),
· 1993 - various SW encryption programmes,
· 1982 – 1992, classified R&D,
May 1, 2022